Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 2 - Destination: Denver!

We rolled into Denver about 1pm after about a 4-hour drive from Grand Junction. The trip was rather uneventful, but incredibly beautiful in some spots. Instead of going straight to the hotel, we met Robert’s family at Cherry Hill State Park. Laura and her fiancĂ©, Gary, were hosting a family BBQ. It was nice. Got some hot dogs into my stomach and waded into the lake to cool down. Unfortunately, Gabriel, Katie, and I forgot our swim suits, so after checking into the Hyatt (great rooms!) we headed over to Dillards to go shopping. Then it was back to the hotel for a quick dip in the overly chlorinated pool and then a dinner date with the family at California CafĂ©....

Robert and Ella (the Element)at the Colorado River


I stubbed my toe on tree branch. That's what I get for hiking in flip flops!


Rafters on the Colorado river


What Vail looks like from a speeding car on I-70


Robert and Katie at the family BBQ

Robert and Gabriel enjoying the BBQ


I love hot dogs!

Cooling off with the family in Cherry Hill Lake


I love green apple lollipops!

Dinner at the California Cafe in Denver

I had peach proscuitto pizza - not bad, just overpriced




No comments: