Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 4 - The Day After

It is the day after the wedding and I am starting to wind down and get tired. Sleepy tired, traveling tired, homesick. I was hoping to sleep in again, but this time I awoke about 7am with a stomach ache and couldn’t fall back to sleep (although I took a 2 1/2 hour nap later in the afternoon while everyone else was at the pool). I am ready to go home. I miss my little cats. It didn’t help that we went to brunch at Todd and Carol’s house in Parker today and I saw Maynard. If you’ve read “Day 11” of my honeymoon posts, you’re already acquainted with Maynard and his sister Marla. Update: Maynard is still a cutie-pie and a brat. Marla now lives with Carol’s daughter (and new bride) Laura and has become quite spoiled. Playing with Maynard made me miss my Poka and Cierra even more. For dinner we ate at TGI Fridays - pretty good - and then called it an early night. Tomorrow we leave for home.

Maynard playing with the strap to my camera. It was difficult to take his picture since he kept grabbing the camera!


Quick! Take his picture! A moment of stillness.


Little Lulu - she loves scratches and sitting on laps.


A doe and her fawns in Todd & Carol's neighbor's yard.


Harassing Grandma - I love her!

Time to open wedding gifts.


I wonder what this could be? An ironing board!


Dinner at TGI Fridays.


Katie eyeballing the fried macaroni and cheese appetizers.


This was a brownie obsession - brownie, chocolate fudge sauce, caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream. Robert and I were supposed to 'share' it, but I think I ate most of it. I know. I'm a pig.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well you need to take more rest