Friday, December 7, 2007

Honeymoon - Day 10

Day 10 12-06-2007

Today was a lazy day. We slept in late and didn’t leave Carrie and Jeremy’s house until almost noon. We didn’t have any plans for the day, so we decided to visit the Denver Zoo. I always like visiting other zoos and seeing how they compare to the San Diego Zoo. Although some of the exhibits were rather small and not as environmentally realistic as San Diego’s I was still impressed. I especially liked the indoor exhibits for the gorillas and some other animals because of how cold it gets in Denver. Plus, I felt I was much closer to the animals than at the San Diego Zoo.

We wandered around for a few hours then decided to go to Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World. I liked is so much better than Cabela’s. For one, it was two-story and double the size of Cabela’s. Like Cabela’s, they had stuffed dead animals displayed everywhere. We would have stayed longer, but we had a dinner date at Casa Bonita with Todd & Carol (Robert’s uncle & aunt), their kids Brad and Laura, Carrie and Jacob.

How do I describe Casa Bonita? It has the atmosphere of Disneyland, but none of the rides. It was decorated for Christmas so there were lights, garland and lots of shiny stuff all over. There was also a gorilla running around in swim trunks, a guy diving off of some fake rocks into a pool, an arcade, and a roving mariachi band. It was kind of cheesy, but really cool at the same time and the food was good.

After dinner Robert and I crashed at Todd & Carols pad in Parker, which is about 25-30 miles south of Denver. We were told we would be sleeping in the basement. My idea of a basement is a dark, dank place used for storing dead bodies (I saw that in a movie once). However, their idea of a basement is basically another level to the house. In San Diego it would have been considered a two-story home instead of a single level with a basement. It was really nice and we were quite comfortable. Now I know where we'll be staying the next time we're in Colorado.

No comments: